Listen to Jim Clune and Cecily O’Neil discuss the philosophy and activities of Broome County Peace Action and Veterans for Peace – Stu Naismith Chapter 90 via WBDY at the Bundy Museum:
Broome County Peace Action and our local Veterans for Peace groups meet monthly (second Saturdays at 10am) to discuss activities that support our cause. Essentially we strive for movement away from militarism, our “permanent” war economy, towards more support for education, housing, infrastructure and health care.
We invite you to join us.
Highlights of recent activities:
- Peace Vigils – most Mondays, contact Ann Clune for details
- Monthly Meetings – second Saturday at 10am, contact us to attend
- Mailing list
- Mother’s Day – reading Julia Ward Howe’s Proclamation
- Honoring John W. Jones – American Hero
- War Industry Resisters
- War Merchants Exposure Day
- Americans Who Tell the Truth Exhibit
- Children’s Peace Park Dedication
- Grass Roots Organizing
- Tree Planting Memorial – to commemorate members of our local VFP group